So I’ve been horrible at keeping up with my blog and I think part of it is because I didn’t know what to say. I’ve been struggling with a lot lately and it took me a long time to admit that I was unhappy. To quickly catch people up or for first time viewers here’s a quick recap of my life the past 2 years.
- Started college at Muhlenberg college as a theatre and dance major
- Spent my first semester with the wrong crowd living a life of sin
- Injured myself and had to get surgery
- Discerned that God was calling me away theatre for the time being
- Decided to transfer schools
- Ended up taking a semester off from school
- Started dating my wonderful boyfriend
- Transferred to Catholic for 2nd semester
So it’s been a crazy roller coaster. Saying yes to His plans hasn’t been easy, but ultimately it’s brought me to the place I know I’m supposed to be.
Since being at Catholic I’ve had trouble making friends. It’s difficult to go to a new school in the middle of the year and leave everything you know behind. I miss my friends at Muhlenberg, and the artsy community I was surrounded by. Being away from that has been very difficult. Being away form that and not having many friends has been even more difficult. But there is a purpose for all of this. Through a conversation with a very close friend I realized that throughout the past year God has been calling me to place my trust in Him. Now that I am finally here, He is calling me to Himself. He is asking my to throw myself at Him and abandon my will. I my loneliness I can be consoled by the fact that the King of Kings, my Creator, wants a relationship with me. He wants to love me. Unworthy, broken, sinner. Me. He desires my heart. That is why I am here.